The Best Easy Air Fryer French Fries Recipe – delicious, crispy
and crunchy french fries that taste just like your favorite
restaurant – but a healthier french fry you can feel good
about serving your family.
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- COOK TIME 15 minutes
- SOAKING TIME 1 hour
- TOTAL TIME 1 hour 25 minutes
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a mandoline, slice the potatoes into fries. I don’t worry too much about the size of the fry
I am making- some are bigger, and some are smaller. That’s fine!
- Next, place your spuds in a nice cool water bath. Completely submerge the fries in water.
- Let fries sit for one hour. This helps to remove excess starch and will help the fries crisp up more
in the oven.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees.
- After an hour, drain the water, and pat fries dry with a paper towel.
- Toss with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add fries to the bottom of the air fryer basket, making sure they are all on the same level (don’t
stack them on top of each other.)
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels and a cooling rack over it.
- Place in a warm oven (set to the minimum temperature, not over 250 degrees) and let rest
while other batches of fries are cooking.
- Serve hot and enjoy.