Air fryer chicken tenders are juicy and moist inside while crispy and golden brown outside. A healthy, delicious, and quick kid-friendly recipe.
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins or breasts, cut into 1-inch thick strips
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
FOR THE BREADING:
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs (or Italian-style breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking oil spray
- Get Ingredients
- Powered by
- Chicory logo
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper. Mix well until evenly coated and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix breadcrumbs and salt evenly in a large shallow plate. Take the chicken tenders, one strip at a time, and generously coat them in the breadcrumbs. You can gently press the crumbs into the chicken to adhere as much as possible.
- Transfer the breaded chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer basket and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cook at 350F for 15 minutes until fully cooked through and the breading turns golden brown. The internal temperature for the chicken should reach 165F as read on a meat thermometer.
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce, if desired. Try buffalo sauce, sweet chili sauce, sweet and sour sauce, or tahini sauce.
How to store: Allow air fryer chicken tenders to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container for storage. If you store hot tenders, condensation can make them soggy — and no one wants that. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How to reheat: Air fryer chicken tenders reheat best in the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 375F, then reheat them for about 5-7 minutes until warm and crispy.
% DAILY VALUE
- 19%Total Fat 14.7g
- 30%Cholesterol 88.5mg
- 26%Sodium 600.1mg
- 7%Total Carbohydrate 20.5g
- Sugars 2g
- 59%Protein 29.4g
- 2%Vitamin A 19.6µg
- 0%Vitamin C 0.3mg