Everyone loves a fried sausage, whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Wondering what temperature & how long to cook sausages in the air fryer? Air fryer sausages are so quick and easy this recipe tells you the temperature and time for cooking fresh or frozen sausages.
This air fryer method can be used for British bangers such as Cumberland, Lincolnshire, simple thick pork sausages, and sweet or spicy Italian sausages.
Keep the temperature but adjust cooking time to suit smaller sausages, such as thin pork breakfast sausages, cocktail sausages, or my kid’s favorite chipolatas.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: British
- 6 Sausages
- 3 squirts of Spray Oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C/350°F for 5 minutes
- Prick each sausage a few times with a sharp knife
- Spray the base of the air fryer with a couple of squirts of spray oil to prevent sausages from sticking.
- Use a pair of tongs to carefully place sausages in (do not allow them to touch for even cooking)Put the timer on for 12 minutes (adjust the time for smaller, bigger, or frozen sausages see the notes section below)
- Halfway through cooking turn over using tongs.
- After 12° minutes check, and cook for longer if needed.
- Serve with your chosen meal
How long to cook different types of sausages in an air fryer?
We used fresh British Cumberland sausages for this post.
The same temperature and time listed above will also work for most thick pork sausages, such as Lincolnshire sausages and Italian sausages, as well as chicken or beef sausages.
To cook thin pork sausages, breakfast, or chipolatas, lower the time to 10 minutes at 180°C/350°F.If cooking larger sausages such as Bratwurst they will need 15 minutes to cook through.
Can I cook frozen sausages in the air fryer?
Yes, sausages that are purchased already frozen from the supermarket have been specially prepared to be safe to cook from frozen.
So they can safely be cooked in an air fryer. They may need a couple more minutes than fresh sausages.
However, if you have frozen, fresh sausages yourself. It is recommended to defrost ahead of time in the fridge (overnight) before cooking them in the air fryer.